Following the government announcement, Pointers has moved online for all children (except Nursery and keyworkers).
Over the next weeks parents can expect to receive:
- Pre-recorded lessons from the teachers in your child's yeargroup covering the entire curriculum that would be delivered in school. This flexible learning allows families to complete the work at a time that suits them.
- A full curriculum of peripatetic lessons
- Daily live reading sessions with a teaching assistant, making use of our new online reading scheme.
- Weekly live circle times with a teaching assistant to ensure your child's mental health is supported during lockdown.
- Weekly live 1:1 tuition with the child's class teacher to go over the week's learning and identify any areas where additional support is needed.
- Live support and revision sessions with a teaching assistant or learning support assistant where gaps in a child's learning are identified.
You can read more about the school's Remote Learning provision in our Policy.